CloudVelox Announces Record Momentum as Demand for Pilot Light Disaster Recovery (DR) Accelerates; Breaks Into Fortune 600
Santa Clara, CA – January 21, 2015 – CloudVelox, a leader in hybrid cloud DR and migration, today announced that Pilot Light DR has been validated as a powerful new Amazon Web Services (AWS) use case as the company plans for accelerated growth in 2015. Pilot Light DR involves the use of public cloud storage as a secondary data center. In the event of an outage, the stored environment in the cloud can be “ignited” into production on a pay-as-needed basis.
“2014 was a milestone year for both us and the Pilot Light DR operating model,” said Rajeev Chawla, chief executive officer of CloudVelox. “In 2015, we plan to extend our leadership in automated cloud disaster recovery and migration and deliver huge cost savings to our customers.”
Customers Established Pilot Light DR as a Powerful New Cloud Operating Model
- CloudVelox broke into the Fortune 600. A leading worldwide hotel and resorts destinations customer used AWS to cut DR and Dev/Test costs by more than 50% while increasing agility and giving the internal IT team more control of critical operations.
- CloudVelox deployments included the retirement of a colocation facility by a publicly traded ecommerce company as it established the AWS cloud as a secondary data center and a large pilot light DR installation for a leading semiconductor company.
- Customer the City of Asheville, NC won the AWS Grand Prize in the City in a Cloud contest for its Pilot Light DR deployment. The city also won Frost & Sullivan’s CIO Impact Award for cloud DR. To view the case study, go to: http://www.cloudvelox.com/assets/CVx_Asheville%20Case%20Study%20June%208.pdf.
CloudVelox Made Key Executive Appointments to Round Out the Management Team
- Dan Cote joined as VP of Sales. He is focused on addressing increasing customer and partner interest. He comes from Riverbed Technology, where he was responsible for the overall storage revenue and all go-to-market efforts across North & South America for Riverbed’s SteelFusion and SteelStore product lines; he achieved record sales growth for both products in 2013 and 2014. Prior to Riverbed, he worked in a variety of sales management roles at Isilon Systems, EMC and NetApp.
- Vasu Subbiah joined as VP of Products where he is driving new product and solution innovations, including support for new clouds. He joins from Sungard Availability Services, where he conceptualized and managed the market leading Recover2Cloud services (cloud based availability services). He has more than 18 years experience in product management, strategic alliances and consulting at companies like NetApp, NewChannel and Oracle.
CloudVelox Received Five Industry Accolades and Awards
- CloudVelox was named a “Cool Vendor” in Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery Management, 2014 by Gartner for being innovative, impactful and intriguing
- CloudVelox was honored as an AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Company
- CloudVelox was recognized as one of 10 innovative cloud-based start-ups by CloudTweaks
- CloudVelox was named one of 10 useful cloud tools for developers to use by EFYTimes
- CloudVelox was recognized as one of the hottest startups impacting the IT channel and technology industry by Computer Reseller News (CRN)
To learn about automated cloud DR and migration, visit the CloudVelox resource center: http://www.cloudvelox.com/resources.
CloudVelox, formerly known as CloudVelocity, is the first company to deliver an automated cloud DR and migration platform specifically developed for the unique operating demands of existing, multi-tier apps. Led by a deeply experienced team of system software and networking executives, CloudVelox gives data center teams the ability to easily protect, scale and mobilize their distributed apps and services into and between clouds, eliminating many of the major barriers to the enterprise adoption of cloud. For more information, please visit: http://www.cloudvelox.com.